Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just Like Candie


Perusing through blogs yesterday I found some very interesting news - at least to me - it seems my gal Pat Benatar is going to be in a new ad this fall - one for Candie's. Not only will it be print ads but TV spots as well where Ms. Attitude will be singing "Heartbreaker" on stage when she is joined by some new singer named Cheyenne who will sing with her while wearing vintage Candie's clothes and accessories. Now I'm not too keen on this new chick being there but to see Pat in a TV ad is exciting enough. Although I also wonder if these are the same Candie's as I recall? Apparantly it's the 25th anniversary of the shoe with the heel and the open toe but they are now somehow affiliated with Kohl's. Perhaps they always were and I never knew it.

Anyhoos, it seems in the ads Pat even talks about how Candie's have been such a big part of her life; now not to diss one of my girls but if any singer has put Candie's on the map it would actually be my other gal Debbie - she lives in those shoes as far as I can tell, but whatever I'll take either one of those fantastic gals to sell articles of clothing I can recommend to my gal pals.

Oh and to boot they are launching a new fragrance as well, aptly named "heartbreaker" - I bet all my gal pals know what's going to be under their Christmas tree this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home