Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Video Won't Kill The Radio Star

Today's blog is all about plugging new indie music so here we go -

My pal Patrick and his band Orange Television has a brand new video for his song "Royal Jelly Eye Cream" from the forthcoming album America The Beautiful Dreamer which will be released next month - it's very exciting after all the video is the newest medium right? Just click the Orange Television link and watch it!

Now I want to change all my Christmas lists so someone buys me a video camera that I can use to upload Swivek videos. I have a great idea for a video for the song "My Wounds" and once upon a time Patrick had mentioned making a video (sans me in real form) for "Radio" but the boy is very busy.

In fact Flexible Records is just pushing and pushing new music. There are two new bands with debut CD's available now at Flexible Records - Holp and Air Mail; and if that weren't enough also available is a brand new year end compilation of Flexible artists including Swivek. Multifarious includes the remix of "Radio" that Patrick redid for us. So get your butt over there and do some downloading.

And don't forget you can also buy Darkness + Light, the album at CD Baby and even if you have it, you can run over there and leave your own mini review of the album. You know I'll take all the kudos you can dish out.

and for an added benefit you can head to Patrick's Making Flippy Floppy blog where he has a run down of the Best Cd's of 2006. I'm currently working on my more main stream list but Patrick's lists are always better as he has a way of finding the most wonderful and exciting music that's out there.

Tonight I'm headed to the Whiskey to check out My Sweet Revolt, a punk band from Granada Hills (that's where the real Knots Landing cul-de-sac is by the way). The band is a group of teenagers that are making a bit of a buzz around here. I mean they're playing the Whiskey and were actually asked to come back and play! That's saying something. Plus my pal Luther is friends with one of band members' father. Yieks, I think I'm getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home