Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Gay, Straight Or From Three Lakes?

I guess there isn't going to be an end to new Reality shows anytime soon. Personally, I don't like many of them - true I did get hooked on So You Think You Can Dance? and Miss Bad Ass Tanya's Tuckerville, but I can't watch American Idol and the newest Grease: You're The One That I Want left me quite unimpressed. Lifetime TV has jumped on the bandwagon too do to a show I thought sounded rather offensive or at least had the ability to become offensive, Gay, Straight Or Taken? is a dating show that finds some bachelorette hooking up with three guys but the twist is, just as she meets the boys she gets a phone call from one of the guy's girlfriends saying if she picks that man then the girlfriend and he get the winning trip. Before the frazzled girl has enough time to breathe along comes another phone call informing the woman that one of the guys is gay and the man on the phone should know "cause he's my boyfriend." Now I had refused to even watch this show until my Mother called me yesterday evening to inform me that a woman she worked with at the grocery store in Three Lakes, Wisconsin has a son who was going to be on the show. He's the one all the way at the bottom by the way.

Apparantly I am not the only one from Wisconsin to move to LA, in fact this Mike guy is apparantly a model and was in People Magazine. This comes from my mother, who was at the bar when Mike's mom left to fetch the magazine to show everyone. I just hope my mother whipped out a Swivek CD to proudly display or else I'll feel a tad bit awful. Well after watching the show, my mother shouldn't fear for though Mike is very good looking, he's a bit of a bore if you ask me.

As for the show itself, it was actually pretty entertaining though I would think after a few more episodes it might get tiresome. Lifetime is airing two episodes back to back every Monday and the first episode last night was the one featuring Mike from Three Lakes, Wisconsin (a town of about 1000 people by the way) and it was fun. The girl Jenner who was looking for love in all the wrong crotches was actually really fun and hilarious and I would watch any show she was on, perhaps she needs her own version of this. She just keeps choosing between three and always getting them wrong. Yes, she's that entertaining. Anyhoos, for those who wonder what a 25 year old from Three Lakes looks like when he moves to LA to be a house painter and club promoter check him out here (Incidentally I can read between the lines and when he says he's a promoter it occured to me he's one of the Miller "Cans" at the Halloween Carnival Festival and Gay Pride festivals, but hey who am I to judge at least he's on TV).

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 10, 2008 at 6:22:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home