Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Umm.. what?

WIRE DAISIES - GAY BOY video and song

Okay so this video premiered on LOGO sometime in December and I'm just now getting 'round to seeing it.. I think the video is cute, and the song is catchy as hell, but I'm like so confused. First of all, someone mentioned on another blog about the song that the video makes it look like gay is catchy - but I didn't really see it that way, I just thought it was a bit hilarious particurlarly when the song ends with some boy saying, "I can make you gay like that... snap!"


What I have a strange problem with is the chorus - "you're a gay boy and it shows/ but it's okay boy/ no one knows..." I'm not sure if it's supposed to be sarcastic, in which case it works (kind of) but otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me. Is it a pro-gay song or not? Couldn't they make up their mind... oh and the lead singer is an out and proud lesbian... I'm just so confused. When did pop become so confusing? What are your thoughts on what the song is trying to say? And does anyone know where to get an mp3 of it??

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home