Monday, January 21, 2008

Of Strippers, Monsters and Deep Voiced Broads

What a weekend! First, have any of you ever done body shots off of a stripper? Yeah, me either. My pal had a little birthday bash this Saturday and all he wanted was a huge bottle of vodka and a male stripper so in the land of La La, dreams do come true and he got them both. I have never been to a house party where a real live stripper showed up. I was of course expecting some beefy man dressed as a cop to jump in and pretend to bust us, but instead we got a skinnier yet pretty buff boy who came in, did some shots, turned on the tunes and did acrobatics all over the guests - it was pretty interesting to say the least - the very least...

The next day the Leivas, I and our pal Tommy did a little brunch at a small cafe on Hollywood Boulevard before walking over to Graumann's Chinese Theater where we sat through Cloverfield - a new monster movie that was pretty frickin' good. I actually loved it, though since its from JJ Abrahams of Lost, I figure I have to see it a few more times to catch all the goods. Though rumor has it, if you watch the ending shot - there's a part where the camera is focused on the ocean and you can see something fall into the water - thus maybe just maybe letting us know where the monster came from. The strange thing is, I thought I had seen something fall in the water and thought maybe it was just me... oh well, if you haven't seen it - go, it's pretty fun. Though the hand held camera work had the Leivas in a bit of a tizz...

and in the saddest part of this Martin Luther King day, one of my favs has passed on. Suzanne Pleshette who made the original Bob Newhart Show so enjoyable died yesterday. You may (or may not recall) that the first time I voted in California the Leivas and I walked over to the fire station to cast our votes and there in line was Suzanne and her husband Tom Poston. I was so excited - it was way more exciting than the time Michael Jackson came into my store.. I mean this was frickin' Suzanne Pleshette...

The whole weekend was topped off by getting a gift certificate for Amoeba from my mom and her boyfriend Bob and a $50 gift card from my father. So of course I hit up Amoeba, though I also (of course) forgot both the gift card and the gift certificate but that didn't stop me from buying some excellant things - okay excellant to me anyway including the vinyl LPs of Cher's Take Me Home and Prisoner, Pointer Sisters' rock album Priority and Melissa Manchester Emergency - don't judge me... I also picked up a ton of 45's for a dollar each including a bunch of Sheena Easton as she had the tendancy of putting out B-sides that never appeared on her albums and I am continually trying to get all of my top 100 singles of the 80's in actual 45 form, I only have a few more to go...



For an extra treat - here is an old video of Man 2 Man's "Male Stripper" - our stripper didn't allow cameras so this is as close as you can get...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home