Friday, January 25, 2008

If You Build It, I Will Fill It

I don't know if you know this about me - but I really like buying and listening to new music. The whole buying of CD's is actually a past time I thoroughly enjoy - you can all keep your IPods and Iphones and in fact I too have one but still it's those shimmering silver discs with the artwork and sometimes the lyrics that really excite me. Since I do have such a passion and basically invest in CDs if you will, it's probably no surprise that my house is a bit of a mess when it comes to CD storage. I am constantly running out of CD racks and there are about six different racks in my living room right now.

I told the Leivas the best present ever would be to find a big CD rack that spread across the wall and wasn't too high that could hold all of my CDs in one place. Imagine our surprise when on our look out for such an item we realized they are only making shizz. Overly priced and cheaply made. Since I work for a company that actually makes high end furniture I thought of asking my boss to make me one when the Leivas decided he could pick up a hammer and saw some wood for his beloved Brad.

I know he can do just about anything he sets his mind to so I was all for it. At first he was going to go in steps and try to build me a box of racks to hold my vinyl 12" first but then decided to go full on with the original idea. We took a trip to Home Depot and bought some good wood, some dowels and Alfred went about working. Now it isn't done yet - this is just the frame that he put together before actually gluing and hammering and staining.. but I thought I'd show you the genius that comes with being a Leivas. And you can bet this sucker will be filled with love - and by his latest calculations he's thinking each section will fit about 60 CDs leaving me plenty of room for more, more, more...

When it's actually completed I'll repost it along with a before shot of what it looks like now - but for now I'm too embarassed... oh and if you look beyond the case you will see the wet bar in our guest/media room that was also built by the Leivas and lovingly filled by me and my booze.

In other strange news - it's been raining and raining here in La La Land and last night while watching Ugly Betty we were informed that LA was under a tornado warning and watch. That's right a tornado was up by Malibu and Pacific Palisades and heading to my neck of my woods. It's just like The Day After Tomorrow - check it out:


The Day After Tomorrow - Tornadoes Attack The City of Los Angeles

Posted Oct 15, 2004

Hollywood is ravaged by tornadoes.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 28, 2008 at 3:30:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bradl...it's shae! hi buddy. i just wanted to tell you that i was in L.A. over the weekend hanging with a friend and we went into this coffee shop/bakery in westwood and i swear to you i saw deborah foreman!!!!!!! in person buying some stuff. OMG! she still looks amazing and i knew it was her cos of that huge smile of hers! i wanted to say hi but she looked like she was ina hurry!!!!! i am soooooo in clooud nine rightnow! anyways..i wanted to tell you! xxxx shae

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 11:11:00 AM PST, Blogger swivek said...

Oh my gawd.. she does look good. I noticed that when I had the ultimate 80's night and met her at the frickin' Josie Cotton show... oh it was so '82 and so kewl.. a dream come true, cuz well that's the kind of thing I dream about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home