Monday, February 11, 2008

What The Fergie Fuchs

Okay, so I read somewhere that Fergie had done a movie or two, and since I don't care for the chick and think she's entirely over rated it was a huge surprise to me when I sat down to watch Across The Universe and spent the whole time thinking how brilliant Fergie was as Sadie, the Janis Joplin-esque super cool land lady in the movie. Well, guess what? It's not frickin' Fergie - it's actually a brilliant singer and actress by the name of Dana Fuchs, and I'm so glad cause if I had to turn around and suddenly respect Fergie, I'd feel like an idiot...

so long story short - Dana Fuchs is brillz, Fergie is not, and the movie itself - Across The Universe is a trippy fun little ride. It wasn't super excellant or anything but it was fun and it was interesting and I liked it quite a bit, but really it was Dana that blew me away and should they ever make a Janis bio like they've been talking about for years, she better be on the short list to play her...

check out Dana hear -
http://www.danafuchs.com/
and incidenatlly, the movie where Fergie does appear is actually one of my favs - Poseidon where she plays the singer... and does not, I repeat does not do a cover of "The Morning After" like I would've suggested.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home