Monday, August 11, 2008

Blurry's

Well it was a bit of a blurry weekend as I tended to dive headfirst into a blitz of booze and cheeriness. On Saturday we headed down to the Leivas' for a little relaxation and a lot of wine. Those Leivas' know how to keep me drunk I'll tell you that much.. then when we got home I thought it seemed like a grand idea to go out drinking so I rang up my palsie Luther who was already at Blender, but because of the Leivas' belief that there is a fine line between fun drinking Brad and bitch out fest Hell on Booze Brad, he didn't want to chance driving over to Silverlake and having me go all drunkenness on him. So he put on some pants and we went down to Trunks instead.

Then yesterday started with a bit of the blurs as I was climbing out of my hangover just in time to milk it with mimosas with Tommy and our pal Brian. Brian is now one of my all time favs because the bitch drinks and drinks. We kept up with the unlimited bottomless Mimosas until Tommy and Alf grabbed us off our bar stools only to be coerced into going to Trunk's where we drank more and played pool with Team Boozerella (that'd be Brian & I) actually winning twice - though one was a default as Tommy scratched on the 8 ball. Then I headed to the pool to sober up while Tommy and Brian headed back to the OC and the Leivas headed to the grocery store.

The sobering up didn't last long though as I continued drinking after being in the pool which of course ended up with me drunk dialing everyone and their mother. But that's because I had a few tidbits of news to share!!

That's right - life is all about the little bits of news I can get out there -

first and foremost - the Levias and I passed our marraige license and are now able to get hitched, so I paid the extra $20 to West Hollywood and we are getting married on October 9th. But because this is WeHo and not some five and dime courthouse ceremony, they actually walk us over to the park and we get married in the breeze of West Hollywood greenery. So October 9th, don't forget the presents - We're registered at Bevmo and Amoeba Music.

And the second bit of news - a pal of mine named Ryan from the OC hangs out with two guys and is helping them build a recording studio. Well apparantly the studio is just about ready to be recorded in, and I had already met these guys and steered them towards my little Swivek project. Well the guys are in a band and are going to do a gig and want (wait for it, wait, wait...) Swivek to open up! Can you just about die. Nothing is set for sure or anything and quite frankly I need to get some major details together before I can committ, but if things work out, Swivek at long last could be having a live gig! Get those CDs out and start memorizing my lyrics so you can sing along to such classics as "Debbie Doesn't", "Speeding" and "Cherry Go Go."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 11, 2008 at 7:54:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of crazy people get married mid-week? I mean, besides me.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials - that's pretty damn exciting. I would suggest considering a Portland honeymoon....it's lovely (or at least not terribly rainy) that time of year.

also, so glad to know that I don't even rate a drunk dial anymore *sob*

 
At Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 10:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

you are always actually at the top of my list for my drunken calls but I always think you're busy doing something more healthy (or in bed as my drunken calls do run into the night) but next time, get ready you're the first one I dial. And as much as Portland sounds good, I have convinced the Leivas to hop on a plane but it will only go as far as San Francisco...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home