Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To TV Or Not To TV

My man loves himself the old TV - he watches every single television show that is even remotely interesting to him, and I suspect even shows he doesn't particurlarly care for. I, on the other hand, try to get out more often and let him watch his shows, which reminds me a few weeks ago I was out with a friend and asked where Alf was, I told he was at home with his best friend the TV - my pal thought I meant a transvetite and that Alf had a best friend who was said tranny. It cracked me up and unfortunetly that is not the case.

Anyhoos, our time together is spent watching a lot of TV - that's where we have our meals and though I try not to watch too much, I get sucked in everytime. This season was supposed to be different since nothing new really appealed to me but then there's all those returning shows I want to see.

So here's a low down of what I've been watching or will be watching, and if you are so inclined could watch as well:

Mondays - "The Big Bang Theory" is a hilarious show that we watch every week. I am still watching "Heroes" but after the season premiere on Monday I think those days may be numbered. I can not stand the Peter Petrelli character as the actor (Milo Ventimiglia) is so wooden and horrible I don't know if I should laugh at him or cringe in the corner. Now even the cheerleader is getting on my nerves. I have a big thing for Ali Larter and her new "ice queen" character could be interesting, but ever since the lame season one finale, this show has just gotten boring. Syler and Peter are enough to send me screaming over to ABC to see what's on.
Tuesdays - I can't help it, but I always seem to get sucked into "Law & Order SVU", and now a new show has arisen from the ashes of bad television - "Fringe" which is a sort of XFiles and has some of the best chemistry ever, not between the male and female leads but rather the male lead and his crazy father.
Wednesdays - THE BEST SHOW ON TV RIGHT NOW - "The New Adventures Of Old Christine" - if you haven't watched this hilarious show starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as ME then you're missing out on something. Why do I relate so much to a 40-something divorcee who loves wine? And coming back tonight "Lipstick Jungle" with Brooke Shields, which I didn't really want to like last season, as I just couldn't committ to another soap opera - so much for that. I love the show and think the three leads are much more believable as pals than those Desperate Housewives chicks.
Thursdays - TheLeivas loves his ER and I do love the characters and actors of John Stamos, Linda Coranelli and Muary Turney but the show depresses the hell out of me so I can't watch it. The best show on this night is definitely "Samantha Who?" with the comedic brilliance of not only Christina Applegate but Jean Smart as her mother, Jennifer Esposito as her snobbish pal Andrea and the ever brilliant Melissa McCarthy as her pal from grade school. Again, if you haven't seen this show you're missing out.Here's your 'starter kit'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXjsdcACa1o
As far as I know Fridays and Saturdays I am still free for outside interests and then of course Sunday, I am sucked into "Desperate Housewives" even though the show hasn't been as good as the first season since well, the first season. First, I hate, absolutely hate Bree Van Dee Camp and Marcia Cross (ever since she tried to ruin 'Knots Landing' with her big alien face), and since everyone else seems to like her so much, she'll be bugging me for seasons to come. The problem is mostly the writing is so shintzy, they let you know they're being funny and cute by putting on cutesy music, they forget storylines for months on end and the whole series seems to go nowhere over and over again, but then again Dana Delaney is brillz and I'm a sucker for the soap, so I'll still be watching..

Plus there are the best shows on cable - right now on HBO we are having "True Blood" nights at my house on Sunday watching the series where vampires have come out of the coffin and are drinking synthetic blood, meanwhile Sookie Stackhouse is falling hard for a 'pire because he is the only person who can hide his thoughts from her mind.. it's good. I started reading the books but have since given up since, well it's on my TV now.

On BBC America is the often hilarious Gavin & Stacey, about two new lovers who live long distance but are on a whirlwind romance - the friends and parents of the characters are hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXjsdcACa1o
And coming soon is the USA version of "Little Britian" which I have a feeling could be an absolute riot.

Jesus, no wonder I can't get anything done. These are just the shows I watch during dinner, imagine if I was the Leivas...

and there's my TV news, what are you watching....

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 10:50:00 AM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

why would anyone do a US version of LIttle Britain? Unless they have Anthony Stewart Head, it won't be real. BASTARDS!

Umm...I just watch the Discovery Channel. Oh - and Biggest Loser (as in, I watched it once, but was busy last night, so missed episode 2).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home