Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's that time again - a run down of my favorite things -


This week I'm celebrating OLD TV SHOWS ON DVD! With the exciting news that Knots Landing Season 2 is coming to DVD in April, and the fact that I finally got (for fairly cheap) the second season of Charlie's Angels (with my beloved Kris Munroe), and the fifth season of Three's Company comes even more news - one of my all time favs RHODA is coming to DVD on April 21st! I can't even believe it - that means Phyllis can't be far behind (right?). I love these old shows so much I even spend most of my Netflix watching Family, Police Woman (which I bought cuz it's soooo gooood!), The Muppet Show and Laverne & Shirley. Ah, old TV on DVD.





Bette Midler - I've always loved the Divine Miss M, and my sister loves her too so for years I've been buying up all the old Bette Midler CD's (they're all remastered) and send them to Denice, but since I did that I started buying my own copies and her old albums are really quite interesting. Usually combining some show tune type of songs with old girl group stuff and a few well paced and placed ballads, her albums are all very eclectic and I can see how she became to be the force that she is. The best so far include the outrageously disco-ish Thighs & Whispers, Bette Midler, her second album which is way crazy but really good, and Live At Last which I didn't think I'd care for but it's so energetic it feels like you really are there.

Christmas Songs - I just love them! I can't even help it. I have to put on my Santa hat and the christmas tunes before I can even wrap a present or think about decorating my tree. In fact, I was so inspired this year I'm recording a few of my own favorites and I'm listening to some A Very Bradley Christmas Collection right now.

A VERY BRADLEY CHRISTMAS COLLECTION
Volume 1 - 1. A Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives) 2. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee) 3. All I Want For Christmas (Mariah Carey) 4. The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole) 5. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Pointer Sisters) 6. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Pretenders) 7. I'll Be Home With Bells On (Dolly & Kenny) 8. Blue Christmas (Elvis Presley) 9. Please Come Home For Christmas (Pat Benatar) 10. Little Drummer Boy (Joan Jett) 11. Homo Christmas (Pansy Division) 12. Silver Bells (Tanya Tucker) 13. Do You Hear What I Hear? (Whitney Houston) 14. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (Johnny Matthis) 15. O Christmas Tree (Miles Davis) 16. Silent Night (Stevie Nicks) 17. Sleigh Ride (Debbie Gibson) 18. Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano) 19. Early Christmas Morning (Cyndi Lauper) 20. Fairtytale Of New York (Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues) 21. Santa Baby (Madonna) 22. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (Gene Autrey) 23. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (John Mellencamp) 24. I'll Be Home For Christmas (Dean Martin)

Volume 2 - 1. The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (Perry Como) 2. Here Comes Santa Claus (Burl Ives) 3. Frosty The Snowman (America) 4. Let's Make A Baby King (Wynonna) 5. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Andy Williams) 06. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (U2) 07. Do They Know It's Christmas (Band Aid) 08. Christmas Rapping (The Waitresses) 09. What Child Is This? (Tanya Tucker) 10. Jingle Bell Rock (George Strait) 11. Last Christmas (Wham!) 12. The First Noel (Natalie Cole) 13. Joy To The World 14. Winter Wonderland (Eurythmics) 15. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Garth Brooks) 16. Jingle Bells Dance (Techno Christmas) 17. Father Christmas (The Kinks) 18. White Christmas (Bing Crosby) 19. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (Martina McBride) 20. The Coventry Carol (Alison Moyet) 21. Mele Kalikimaka (Hawaiin Christmas) (Bing Crosby) 22. O Come All Ye Faithful (City High) 23. Turkey Lurkey Time (The Company from 'Camp') 24. Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You (Billy Squier) 25. We Three Kings (Vienna Boys Choir) 26. We Wish You A Merry Christmas (The Muppets and John Denver)
I know I'm eclectic.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home