Thursday, May 11, 2006

Obsession Possession

Just like the rest of you (I'm sure) today I started really shopping for my birthday. Sure, I'm already obsessed with shopping and buying myself all kinds of things but today I actually had a few reasons.

Whenever I get a free moment or ten, I find myself bee bopping over to www.amazon.com or www.musicstack.com, two of my all time favorite places to find all those things I had completely forgotten I needed to have or I would die!

The thing with my shopping is I am actually quite frugal, I will spend months and months looking up the same item on the internet and in stores until I think I find a price really worthy of my money. But sometimes that price never goes down, or sometimes it's something so important no amount of research will help.

Such is the case with one of the two purchases I made today. For a few months, I've been wondering if I should or should not fork out $25 for a record. Not even a rare album, just a little 45 from the UK with the same songs I have on multiple CDs, but what made this one special is the picture sleeve. Of course you had to figure it's either Blondie or Benatar, and you'd be right. This lovely 45 of Pat's very first UK and US single "If You Think You Know How To Love Me" (though "I Need A Lover" was released in Holland before this song), but after thinking about how much happiness it would bring me just having ownership of this piece of nostalgia, I figured what the hell! So it's coming to me soon!



















As for other obsessions, I love to look at old books about music charts. I'm obsessed with knowing when a song charted on the top 100, how far it charted, I'm even intent on knowing catalog numbers of the actual song and record. For our anniversary My Leivas bought me the top 100 Pop Singles 1956-2002 and I can't put it down, then when I was able to move on a bit I bought myself Bubbling Under, a book of all the songs that just barely made the top 100. Now with that being read and re-read it's time for my new book - the top 100 Pop Albums 1956-2001. The problem with these books is they are super expensive, and I want them anyway. But when I saw this book today; normally priced at $65-85 and it was listed at $38 well hello and happy birthday to me!

Note: Only 11 more shopping days until my birthday! Get those credit cards smoking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home