Monday, July 21, 2008

Sordid Lives - The Slow Burn

Oh my gawd - so on Saturday the Leivas and I headed to the Director's Guild for Outfest who were showing the first two episodes of Sordid Lives - The Series which debuts on July 23rd on Logo.

Now Sordid Lives is one of my all time favorite movies so I was a tad worried they wouldn't be able to recapture the gloriousness of the movie onto the small screen. Luckily, most of the cast is still in tact - with of course my Livvie, Beth Grant, Bonnie Bedelia, Leslie Jordan, Ann Walker - plus they've added Rue McClanahan as Peggy. Caroline Rhea takes over for Delta Burke and I have to say she's actually pretty hilarious - I'm beginning to really like that gal. The series is a prequel so Peggy is very much alive - the movie, you may recall takes place just as Peggy has died...

Anyhoos it, first of all there was a slew of would be celebrities there including Margaret Cho and her pal who was in the show Sensuous Woman but whose name completely escapes me - in fact she is also friends with MY friend Luther - who wasn't there or I probs could've hung with Cho! Anyway, Canyce Cayne of Dirty Sexy Money was also there as well as James Cameron Mitchell and just about everyone involved with the show - sans the importants of Olivia, Rue, Leslie and Caroline Rhea who all apparantly had more important things to do - though they did film a cute little short video to say "Hey" to all of us 'mos.

Let me just say that both episodes were frickin' hilarious and everyone is so good it's hard to pick a favorite though you know Leslie Jordan takes every scene he's in to new heights... and not to give too much away, the series begins with a two parter that takes place on the day Tammy Wynette dies... I'll just leave it at that and you HAVE to watch on Logo.

Meanwhile, Olivia did about five new songs for the series and there's a promo video for the song "Slow Burn" - and I feel I must share it with you..

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home