Friday, October 31, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things





This week's favorite things are a potpourri of things from people to TV to holidays -

So what are my favorite things this week? First and foremost THE VOTE NO ON 8 PROTESTERS! I love these guys, hanging out on the sidewalk with big signs. This week they've been on the corner of Santa Monica and San Vicente with two guys in tuxes joining them today. It makes me so proud to live here when I hear all the horns beeping in support as they drive by on their way to work and such. One woman on a bicycle even rang her little bell in support. This makes me happy for obvious reasons but also because two scary instances recently hit me - one we drove to the godforsaken place known as the Valley (Burbank) to buy a computer and there on someone's front lawn was a HUGE YES ON 8 sign. I told the Leivas to stop the car cause I was going to go rip it out of the lawn and beat the person with it. He did not stop.

Then on my way to work about a week ago parked on the street in my neighborhood - the heart of gay friendly West Hollywood some loser had a yes on 8 bumper sticker. I told the Leivas I was going to come back and put a no on 8 sticker over it - he wouldn't let me..

and finally the No on 8 people rang me up to make sure I was voting NO, I told them I was recently married and both my husband and I would be voting NO, and then they wanted me to sign up to inform people on election day, I told them I worked all day but they are persistant and keep calling me... I can't do it though - they want me to go to Long Beach, and I work until 5 o'clock and then have to go vote myself, by the time I would get to Long Beach voting would be over - so to all those (including some of my best pals) that are doing their best to get the word out - you are my FAVORITE THING this week...

Then there's good old HALLOWEEN - I love Halloween - even though every single year I wait until the very last minute to come up with a costume. This year's costume is going to be such a surprise - I don't even know what it is yet. But tonight is the big WEST HOLLYWOOD HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL - and the costumes people come up with are so frickin' amazing, it's something everyone has to attend at least once.

and finally - ROGER from the TV series American Dad! is such a complete riot I can't help but put him on my list. It appears that some people (my husband and my friend Luther) insist this would be Uncle Arthur (from Bewitched) dressed as an alien reminds them of ME! So perhaps I sense next year's Halloween costume. Here's a clip:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home