Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

First and foremost on this week's list of a FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS is Happy Hour! How I love happy hour. For years and years (I maybe exaggerating) my pal and I would have Monday Night Amy Cissell Happy Hour which sometimes wasn't even on Monday, and surely didn't last only an hour but always always involved Amy Cissell and the Fiesta Cantina. Now that I walk to work and half to walk past all the West Hollywood bars on my way home, I sometimes dream my pal Amy Cissell will be sitting at Fiesta as I walk by - which of course means I would turn around and walk right into that bar... Last night as I walking home, my pals Howie, Pachuli and Scott were sitting right there at Fiesta, so imagine my sheer delight as I joined them For Wednesday Night Howie Pachuli Scott Happy Hour

In my big TV screening post of yesterday I forgot three very important shows that I also watch including "Chuck" which is exciting and hilarious, "Sordid Lives" which is funny and full of Livvie and the Thursday night glory known as "Ugly Betty" which has its season 3 premiere tonight! Here's an awesome little scene from last year featuring Vanessa Williams (super super excellent) as Wilemena and her assistant Marc... love it:

and finally, this may seem a bit weird to you all - but only if you don't really know me I think. A few years ago it occured to me I had some random Crystal Gayle songs on my computer and after listening to them, I was pulled back to being a kid when my mom used to have the 8 tracks for When I Dream and Miss The Mississippi, Crystal's 1978 & 1979 albums respectively.

It was then that I started conjuring up all the big hits Miss Gayle had during the late 70s and 80's and realized I do love her. So when a 2 for CD of her albums We Must Believe In Magic and When I Dream came out last year I bought it, and then to my utter shock, dismay and I hate to admit it, excitement, all of her albums from 1979 through 1989 have been released on CD as two fers - I am not ashamed (and I don't care who knows it) to admit that I bought all four of the CDs so I now have on CD - Miss The Missisippi & These Days, Hollywood, Tennessee & True Love, Cage The Songbird & Nobody Wants To Be Alone and Straight To The Heart & Nobody's Angel... and they all come with all the lyrics and liner notes and in remastered sound.. plus I didn't even pay all that much for them, and to me they're priceless.... don't you judge me or I may just have to burn you some Crystal and you won't be laughing for long..





Crystal Gayle

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 5:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

I really really miss our happy hours. :( I think I will go home & drink a martini in your honor tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home