Monday, September 29, 2008

Book Tour

Because of the umpteen million projects I always have going, reading a book isn't always as close to the top of my desires as it used to be. I also have a habit of reading a book and not being able to put it down. I won't fall asleep until I finish 'that last chapter' and then usually I'll say, 'well one more chapter.' Because of that, I tend to find other things to do that need to be done since I know I won't get anything done when I will be reading. Plus I have this jealousy thing everytime I read a book, thinking, "I should really be writing my own book.."

But none of this stops me from heading over to the West Hollywood Book Fair every year and this year was a bonanza for me. First of all, Leslie Jordan was there pushing his book, "My Life On The Pink Carpet" which I had to buy!

Then frickin' Adrienne Barbeau was there pushing her book, "The Hollywood Vampyre" which I absolutely had to buy and can't wait to start reading, I also picked up her memoir "There Are Worse Things I Could Do" as she is the very first Rizzo on Broadway - and frickin' A I totally forgot to tell her my band had covered "There Are Worse Things.." oh well... also, she looks frickin' fantastic for being either very close or in her 60s (she looks almost like she did way back in '73 when she was on Maude! Amazing)


Also my friend Mike Pingle who is an avid Charlie's Angels expert was there to sign his latest book, The Q Guide to Charlie's Angels so I had to buy that, and there were little panels everywhere.. we saw the Leslie Jordan one and one of the two that Adrienne Barbeau was at, along with two other actress turned authors, Heather Thomas and Michelle Matheson who is just one of the cutest and sweetest people ever, plus she's in a band. I bought her book too...



Michelle said she was a blinker as evidenced here so we did take another picture and she turned out cute as hell, but I, on the other hand had this huge face thing going on and it has to be one of the worst pictures ever taken of me, so it was her or me, sorry Michelle.

I also bought the LA Gay Men's Chorus calender featuring them donning all kinds of get ups on their send up of classic TV series... all in all, it was a blast, Oh and Robert Wagner was there Too! And we saw Ed Begley Jr running around... and I have a ton of reading to do, should I ever stop doing my projects... which I may have to put on hold cause I really want to rip into that Adrienne vampire book it sounds absolutely scrumptious... it's all about a scream queen actress who just happens to be a 500 year old vampire, while also happening in the city of angels A-list actors are ending up murdered, one with his Oscar shoved right up his kazoo.. I can't wait!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

that sounds fantastically fun!

 
At Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

It was fun.. probably the best one I've been to... and I was totally thinking of you. In fact I almost called you but I was way too busy going to panels and schmoozing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home