Monday, October 18, 2010

Mellow Mayhem

This weekend was pretty mellow considering how some of mine have gone. Friday, my pal Robby came over and the Leivas and I joined him for some happy hour drinks which lasted til about 12:30 - not too shabby I think. On Saturday we headed down to Harbor City for some time with Alf's parents. It's always a ton of fun hanging out with them, and Alf's sister Evelyn and her husband were also there.

Saturday night I spent rehearsing some songs for my upcoming debut at Hamburger Mary's. Vicky Boofont has suggested 2-3 songs so I'm still trying to get a real feel for what songs I want to do. I know 2 of them but for a third I have a couple of ideas but don't know if I should do an older song or one off the new album since that's what I'm actually promoting... oh the probs.

Yesterday we didn't even do our normal brunch and I have to say it ended up being a very relaxing (and non alchoholic) day. I added a bunch of music to my Zune as I'm thinking of getting rid of a bunch of CDs I don't really listen to.. and the Leivas and I caught up on some TV. We watched a fairly interesting horror flick called "The Echo" which was kind of boring but the lead guy was good looking.

Then we watched our Law & Order SVU and Los Angeles episodes, an episode of "Supernatural", the "30 Rock" live episodes (east and west coast feeds) and "The Big Bang Theory."

Tonight it's back to rehearsing and I have to come up with the costumes I'll be wearing - I have a pretty good idea so now it's just making sure I have some kind of moves for the show so I don't look particularly plastic on stage....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home