Friday, October 15, 2010

The Stars Are Shining

Yesterday I had one of the best days ever - it didn't start out any differently but it just happened to be great. First, when I put my dollar worth of quarters into the vending machine at work to get my 85 cent pretzels I so desperately needed, the thing shot me back 90 cents! Score.

Then I got an email from my pal Joe, who is actually Vicky Boofont of the fabulous Boofont Sisters. He wanted to know if I would like to be a special guest at the upcoming Halloween Boofont Sisters show at Hamburger Mary's. I flipped out! I haven't wanted to do some live stuff forever and without actually pursuing it nothing much has happened and to have someone who I think is actually very talented ask me to be part of a show, I was ecstatic.

The problem - there's always a problem - is our friend Tommy didn't buy Alf a birthday gift so he decided we would all go to Knots Scary Farm and Tommy would pay for our tickets. Guess what night? That's right October 23rd - same night as the Boofonts. I told Alf about the show and he wasn't too upset about it, but still that poor guy always ends up with the short end of my stick. But that's what you get when you marry into the showbiz.... ha!

So I told Joe this morning that yes I will definitely do the show. He told me he was thinking of me doing 2-3 songs - so friggin cool. I'm really excited because it's Halloween themed and he wants us to do costumes and I have a perfect Halloween song. When we still had Flexible Records, Patrick always put out a Halloween compilation and on the first one I did this awesome song called "Crypt Keeper" - so I'm totally going to do that one... I'm going to dress up too - what I really want is a really hot dude to dance with me onstage dressed like a crypt keeper-ish... I've got to find a hot guy now...

So to all my peeps out there - on October 23rd come to Hamburger Mary's to see Swivek!

And to brush up on your Swivek - download our music on Itunes or CD Baby.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home