Friday, May 19, 2006

I Think, Therefore I'm Nuts

Have you ever had one of those heated debates where you start out with your opinion, adomently stand by everything you say but find yourself swaying by the time the debate is over? Well have you ever done this with yourself? I have, and I have to admit I'm not proud.

I have this strange habit of hearing every side of an argument in my head. This is great if one is getting ready for a real debate but I'm usually just getting ready for bed. I think it stems from too much time alone. I work by myself, and most of my free time is spent writing or thinking about writing - two things that well, you do by yourself.

Recently I came up with this ingenius idea that if one were debating about God hating gay people then perhaps an argument could be made that God made some of us gay for the sole purpose of population control. It's not a half bad argument. But then it could be argued from the other point that there are... oops that's where my brain takes a left turn, or perhaps it's really a right turn. See I can't even figure out which way I'm going.

I'd like to pass off this craziness to the fact I'm a Gemini (only 3 shopping days left!) but perhaps it's a little more serious. Luckily, one of my internet buddies has a blog of his own on myspace and for some reason his ideas seem to coincide with mine a lot and he is writing his own book entitled "He Said, He Said" in which he basically comes up with a topic and argues both sides by himself.

Either we are both completely open minded geniuses willing to hear and take in everyone's arguments no matter how awful, or we will both be sharing the same mental hospital one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home