Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm So Bored

Okay it seems like I always have a million and one little projects going on, and I'm not quite sure why. I think I end up putting a lot of time and energy into stuff that really doesn't do too much - though I must admit for every five hours I spend making a bubbatune compilation I save $60 I would've spent at the bar...

so on the agenda for the next few weeks I'm doing the finishing touches on the last episode of Carlton Heights and it's just in time too cause next week we are having a premiere! That's right I am working on a Carlton Heights website, there will be a My Space groups page and maybe even a seperate blog for the show. You and everyone you know will be able to go into the website and read the week's scripts. I'm going to upload a new episode every week like we were on TV or something, with the season finale online sometime around June or July - 13 weeks of Carlton Heights, could you die? I'll keep you all posted as I expect all of you on the groups page ....

then for the Swivek fans, I'm going to work up a new single for what I hope will be an early summer release and what better song to release for summer than the song Charles Mason wrote just for me - 'California Boy'. I recorded a version of it a few years ago using music by Louis Bustamante of Tiki Lab but he ended up using the music for something else and I've always felt the song needed some more punky new wave behind it; and for a B-side, I get tingly just thinking of doing Benatar's "Promises In The Dark."

Then we have a number of Bubbatunes album re-issues coming up including all 5 of the modern new wave music noir from Martha Davis and The Motels - some of them were released on CD at various times but almost all including the popular All Four One are hard to find and the folks at One Way and Captiol didn't do the stellar job I'm going to do - for I have B-sides, unreleased tracks and live stuff to throw on - The Motels, Careful, All Four One, Little Robbers and Shock plus Martha's 1987 solo album Policy. Then there's also Bonnie Hayes & The Wild Combo ("Shelly's Boyfriend","Girls Like Me") 1982 Good Clean Fun album, the first two Laura Branigans, Buckingham Nicks, Cyndi Lauper, Karen ("Manhunt") Kamon, Toni Basil and a few soundtracks... so that should keep me busy.

and after and in between all that I'm going to learn to play that damn guitar, oh and I'm going to start painting.... so what do you do in your spare time?

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 7, 2007 at 10:19:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Wicked Brian of the West said...

Bitch, you could've said happy birthday. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home