Monday, February 25, 2008

The Day After...

So why am I posting pictures of a set of port a potties being taken away? Well sit right back and I'll tell a little tale...


Oh life in La La Land around the time of the Oscars - sure it's cool and fun if you give a rip about the movie industry - and by that I mean if you have an agent or a friend in the biz who can get your brilliant script sent to the right producer, but for those of us who aren't there (yet) it can be a bit of a pisser.

First and foremost, since relocating our showroom to the Pacific Design Center I have discovered that anytime there is an awards ceremony they throw a big giant tent up over the fountains and create a make shift ball room for the elite to rub elbows with the elite. That's fine, I believe the rich and powerful and (sometimes) talented deserve to get their groove on but when the boys and girls start building the "ballroom under the balloon" I have to walk around the frickin' building to get into work. Now I'm the kind of person who would usually just keep walking and walk my ass back home, but I'm more mature now.

So anyhoos, last week the balloon ballroom went up for Elton John's annual AIDS benefit party and on Friday, when it was all up and ready for the big wigs, it occured to me, "Where the hell do these people pee?" I'd sure as hell be damned if I was going to a party if there wasn't a toilet to use - I don't care if Lisa Hartman herself was giving the damn thing - I ain't going.

So then I thought, "Hey maybe (and this cracked me up) they set up port a potties..." Now can you imagine all those $5000 gowns being hiked up so Nicole Kidman can drop her fancy panties and pee in a port a pottie.

Elton's party had the likes of Courtney Love, Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi attending, and I don't think any of the last three girls would have a prob dropping trou in a make shift urinal but Elton, that queen wouldn't go near one.

So with the question still unresolved as to where the celebrities pee, imagine my ultimate surprise when I arrive at work this morning to find the port a potties being loaded away. Now I don't care what anyone tells me, I really do believe that all those Oscar kids were in there grasping desperately to their million dollar gowns and trying hard as they could to keep the bottoms of their fancy shoes spotless in the dirty port a potty.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home