Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wear My Glasses? I Don't Want To Wear My Glasses

Like fer sure, I can't believe the awesome news I have today - it seems one of my favorite shows is finally coming to DVD! Long before that horse face Sarah Jessica Parker became a fashion icon, she was on a little show called Square Pegs where she played one of two poor loser high school freshmen girls who tried and tried to get in with the popular crowd.

That crowd included Tracy Nelson as the Valley Girl and one of my favs Jami Gertz as Muffy, the uber brain who was very "behooved" by just about everything.

The series included appearances by Devo and I'll always recall the girls trying to get the popular girl to do something for them by saying, "we need someone with that Pat Benatar" look, and there she is all ready to go.

It's not the greatest show on earth, but I watched it every Monday in its all too breif season of 82-83, and for all 20 episodes at about $30 and being released May 20th - two days before that national holiday - my birthday... It's just too exciting...

oh and The Waitresses did the theme song and here it is, cuz it's like you know sharing and all that...

The Waitresses - Square Pegs

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home