Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of Our Anniversary

This week has once again been kicking my little blonde bootie, so I'm sorry there haven't been many (any) posts, but you're not the only ones who have suffered, for in the haste of all that is my life, I, yours truly, Bradley forgot my own anniversary! Can you even believe it? Yesterday the Leivas came home with a card and a present and said, "happy anniversary" and I said, "oh thanks, I'm going to take a shower."

But it all worked out anyway, cause we went out for din din and then went to check out some videocameras as we need a new one, we didn't buy one but I have some items to research now.

and don't feel too sorry for the Leivas cuz I did buy our rings just the other day and that's quite an anniversary present.

The ring shopping actually went really smoothy, I looked through a bunch of rings and found one almost immediately that I liked. I wanted me and the Leivas to have the same rings so I showed him my choice and he liked it too.

Then when placing the order I had forgotten all about an engraving so I asked him if we should do it or not (I was aiming for a yes and that's what I got) - so our first inclination was a song lyric that meant something to both of us.

I had thought of a few songs to play at our wedding should we actually have a big to do and had picked out "Sandy's Song" by Dolly Parton and "Sand On My Feet" by Donna Summer as two favorites plus one of 'our' favs, Bright Eyes' "The First Day Of My Life." So we decided to listen to songs and come up with a saying to go in the ring. I even took out lyrics to Swivek songs I had written about The Leivas but nothing worked.

Then we decided to listen to Bright Eyes and see if there was a certain line we both liked and as soon as the singing came on the first line was, "This is the first day of my life.." and we both looked at each other and knew that was it.

So our rings will have the inside engraved saying "This is the first day of my life, 10-09-08" and this is what the rings look like:

and this is the video for 'our' song:

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 2:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

I am so excited/happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home