Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I Want My GayTV

My new favorite TV channel Logo will be launching some new shows this fall and I'm so frilling excited, I can't hide it. No, they have jumped on the Carlton Heights pilot but I'm sure it's just a matter of time, until then they are launching four new shows, two of which have me almost peeing my pants in excitement. Let's take a gander at GayTV shall we?

They're doing a show called The Service which looks at enlisted gay men and women on an active military base on the Pacific Ocean. it's a one-hour drama following a diverse group of gay and lesbian recruits and officers so I guess it's NCIS or Jag for the gays - not too interested but whatever then there's a reality show which might be good but might be scary all at once called Reconnection which is a half-hour reality series that gives LGBT participants an opportunity to approach and confront friends and loved ones who disowned them because of their sexuality. If only I could find someone to bitch at...

but for the uber cool stuff, they are turning one of my fav movies into a series, Sordid Lives: The Series is a prequel to the play and cult film Sordid Lives. It's a half hour sitcome following an eccentric Texan family whose intertwining off-kilter lives ultimately lead to the death of the family matriarch, and I just read that Del Shores, the writer and producer is trying to get as many cast members from the film as possible including Delta Burke and Leslie Jordan! By the way if you haven't seen the movie - rent it, rent it, rent it! oh and call me cuz I'll come watch it - or just come to my house and we can watch my DVD together,

and finally, a show that is so hilarious in just a synopsis I can't imagine how great it will be as an actual show - anyhoos its called That Gay Ghost. Of course it's a half-hour sitcom but in this one, the show revolves around the lives of the conservative Carson family, who move to San Francisco and find that their lives are changed forever when they discover Cosmo, a gay ghost living in their new home! Couldn't you just die?

and speaking of gay TV, I never thought in a million years I'd be watching a reality shows with such gusto but I must confess I am catching every single episode of So You Think You Can Dance?. I can not sit through even ten minutes of American Idol but watching these dancers every week has me hooked. The talent that some of them have is entrancing, and the hosts aren't quite as wicked as that other show.

Like all other reality geeks I have my favs. I really like Benji, the always smiling swing prince with his always swinging hips, and I rooted and rooted for him from the very beginning; thinking he had a cool father and was doing his very best always smiling and practically begging me to cheer for him, but then after doing a hip hop routine with his girl he began to talk - he was given kudos for turning his swing into that thang but confessed he'd never been that close to a woman before (surprise! surprise!) but then said, "Not until I'm married" (what!) my smile left
my face and I looked at the Leivas, "Is he for real?" I wondered, then in the next few minutes it all made sense for it seems little Benji Foo Foo Pants had to quit dancing for two years to go on a mission for his church - you know what that means don't you? That's right the kid's a Mormon and like all other Mormons I've met in the gay bars he is keeping his tap shoes in the closet - suddenly I lost interest in little Benji the Mormon -

Luckily there are two other dancers I'm rooting for after seeing their super frickin' fun and cool routine - I call them Legs and Spike but I'm sure they have real names but until you can prove otherwise they have my full attention - and my votes - okay, I'm not really voting - I'm not that big of a loser, but I am watching.



If only they all didn't have to be voted off - for some reason it is all so emotional to me; perhaps I'm more of a Star Search viewer, I just want everyone to be happy and encouraged but since that doesn't look it will happen my vote is going to Spike and Legs and perhaps I'll keep you posted as to whether or not Benji burns down the closet door with his swing sets or if Legs and Spike actually take the prize and get to work with Horse head #2 Celine Dion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home