Friday, June 30, 2006

What A Bunch Of Cut Ups

I am not one to wander around into a kitchen and begin futzing over food or even picking up a sponge, but this morning I noticed we had a watermelon sitting in a bag and I realized I wanted to take some to work for lunch. Now this meant that I had to overstep the boundaries of our house and do a job that is really more The Leivas' forte, but none the less I wanted some melon and he was already gone.

I picked up that extra seraded blade my cousin Paula had given to The Leivas one XMas and I cut into that watermelon like a real pro. I put the pieces I wanted into a tupperware and the rest into a larger bowl and into the fridge. I was pleased with myself and what I had accomplished all while still wearing pajamas, when the blood begin dripping down my hand. For some reason, I had cut myself and the strangest thing was I didn't feel it or even really understand how it could've happened. But alas, that is what happens when I enter the kitchen. I still have the scar on my hand from the last time I handwashed dishes (sometime around 1997)...

some other cut ups making me happy today include that Benji & Donyelle who rocked the house on Wednesday's So You Think You Can Dance with some punky make up and an Usher pop song - my other favs Legs & Spike didn't fair too well, but thankfully as they are so hot they did not get booted off. However, hottie Dimitri who can tear open a shirt and the dance floor with his Latin moves lost yet another partner...

in other news the Swivek songs are coming along very well; we are now on a 9th ditty = a pure grungy rocker about sex called "Can't Say No To That" and a nice little ballady thing about an old friend of mine called "Aren't You Proud" and it just gets better as my pal Patrick from Orange Television may be doing some songs for the new album. The last time we hooked up was on "Little Miss Priss" and it was practically pop genius if I do say so myself, so it looks like the new album is going to be very exciting....

and the best cut-up exciting little thing to happen is Miss Fancy Pants Lisa Glassford will be here tomorrow at 11 am! I can't even frickin' wait.. oops I think I just peed a little. Oh never mind, it was just my bleeding finger dripping.

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 3, 2006 at 1:17:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! I knew where that story was going as soon as you picked up the knife. Because that's what always happens to me.

Unfortunately, I am not as wise as you, and so I keep trying, and keep losing blood, skin, and (on a good day) fingernails. *sigh* when will I give up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home