Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bubbatunes Visits the 1980s Part 2

And so we're back looking at my recent 10 CD collection of Brad's Trip Back To The 80's - a little jaunt of my favorite songs that everyone should love.

So let's look at volumes 3 and 4 shall we?

bub114 BRAD'S TRIP BACK TO THE 80s Volume 3
Track List:
01. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - Eurythmics
02. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
03. Take On Me - A-ha
04. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
05. Only The Lonely - The Motels
06. Into The Groove - Madonna
07. Beat It - Michael Jackson
08. Rumors - Timex Social Club
09. The Belle Of St. Mark - Sheila E.
10. Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarrus
11. The Stroke - Billy Squier
12. In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins
13. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
14. Backfired - Debbie Harry
15. Centerfold - J. Geils Band
16. Down Under - Men At Work
17. Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling
18. You Should Hear How She Talks About You - Melissa Manchester
19. Invincible - Pat Benatar
20. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
21. Harden My Heart - Quarterflash

Another collection featuring quite a few from my top 100 list, but adding a few of my all time favorites that didn't actually make the list - I forget how good "Take On Me" really is until you haven't heard it in a while - Sheila E's "The Belle Of St. Mark" I completely missed at the time of its orginal release but has now been added to my Iphone and I can't stop listening to it. As for "Goodbye Horses" by the mysterious Q Lazzarrus - it's one of many highlights from the Married To The Mob soundtrack but was never released as a single so it didn't qualify for my intial list or it would've been on there. It's one of my all time favorites ever, and may just end up being covered by yours truly for the (possibly) upcoming Swivek cover album.

I will get to posting mp3s soon... but until then..







bub115 - BRAD'S TRIP BACK TO THE 80s VOLUME 4
Track List:
01. I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
02. Strut - Sheena Easton
03. Somebody's Baby - Jackson Browne
04. Luka - Suzanne Vega
05. Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
06. Night Moves - Marilyn Martin
07. Sweet Child O Mine - Guns n Roses
08. And We Danced - Hooters
09. Don't You Want Me - Human League
10. Peek-A-Boo - Siouxsie & The Banshees
11. Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
12. I Know There's Something Going On - Frida
13. We Live For Love - Pat Benatar
14. She's Like The Wind - Patrick Swayze
15. Whip It - Devo
16. Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
17. Do You Believe In Love? - Huey Lewis & The News
18. Destination Unknown - Missing Persons
19. Liar Liar - Debbie Harry
20. Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police

One of our first where there's actually more songs that weren't on my top 100 list, but the ones that are featured here were all big time considerations as they are brilliant singles - from the funky pop of our opening cuts, "Chaka Kahn, do you feel for me?" and Sheena's brush with R&B - the brilliant "Strut" - through the mainstream yet totally enjoyable Jackson Browne which conjures up all kinds of memories from one of my all time films Fast Times At Ridgemont High, plus my all time favorite Police single ever! This one is just fun.. plus I loved my artwork! I know sometimes I really pull my shoulder patting myself on the back.


I'll be back tomorrow with volumes 5 and 6 and hopefully tonight I'll be able to post up some mp3s for your ultimate 80s revival enjoyment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home