Friday, March 21, 2008

I Luv The Nite Life

It's been a crazy week what with the Leivas and I actually venturing out of the house not once, not twice but three whole nights this week! And last night was the best.

So we went to the Paley Festival and attended the big to do that was the Buffy The Vampire Slayer reunion. They showed the musical episode Once More With Feeling, which I was actually hoping what they were going to do as I've never actually seen it but have heard plenty about it. It was fun and great but alas it didn't convert me into a Buffy head or anything.

Most of the cast (or what I believe is most of the cast) was there but though Willow, was announced as coming, she wasn't there and neither was Angel, oh and Giles wasn't there either, but Buffy was there - wearing super cool shoes I might add though the wench should probably get a little meat on her bones - she is extremely little. Xander and of course Seth Green were the more hilarious of the group and the Cissell's fav James Marsten was there having literally just arrived from Mexico where he was shooting some flick. Of all the nights we attended these things I have to say these were probably the most boring group. They were cute and all that but they weren't very exciting, I mean they weren't like Judd Apatow and his friends. Alf took some pics but I haven't downloaded them yet so here's some from the press archives:



Last week I found out that one of my new favorite bands The Cliks were on tour and were coming to Los Angeles. They were playing on the 20th at the Knitting Factory and tickets were only $12 so as I went to buy myself a pair I realized it was the Buffy night, so wouldn't u know it. The one time I can get tickets to see a show I want to see, I can't go.

Then on the way to the Arc Light for the Buffy thing, I told Alf we should try to scalp those Buffy tickets (they were going online for like $1500 a piece!) and take our money and run back to the Knitting Factory to try and get tickets to the Cliks. Then it suddenly occured to me - the Paley thing runs 7-9 and the Cliks don't go on til like 10! What the frick was I thinking?

So after we left the Buffy clan, we drove down Hollywood Boulevard, parked and went to the Knitting Factory, where good news prevailed - we hadn't missed the Cliks yet and there were tickets. So we paid our money and went it...


Where this band called Killola was playing - the woman who is actually Lisa Reiff, an actress I don't know but do recognize her credits was the lead singer. She is intense and great. She struts like a cross between Tina T and Mick J and her rock vocals are INTENSE! It was a really great set. So I ended up buying their album - which comes on a wrist band thing that you plug into your computer. When I get my pictures I'll post it - you'll flip!

Then The Cliks came on and let me tell you the show rocked, rocked, rocked! They are every bit as good live as on CD. If you haven't checked out the album Snakehouse yet - you simply must, must! And if the Cliks come to your neck of the woods, go see them you won't be disappointed.

And tonight my pals Shitting Glitter are performing once again at Girl Bar in the final round of Battle Of The Bands!

So if you're in La La Land run your asses over to Ultra Suede (661 North Roberston, WeHo begins at 8 but they play around 9:30) You've just gotta catch them as they are great and they deserve to win so they can perform at the Dinah Shore thing a ma jig where they'll play along sides with the likes of the Go-Go's and (gulp!) Pat frickin' Benatar!


And that's life in La La land it's such a bore sometimes.


http://www.thcliks.com/

http://www.killola.com/

http://www.shittingglitter.com/

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 21, 2008 at 2:57:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so full of the jealous - even though there was no willow, faith or angel.

*sigh*

sometimes I do miss living in LA - and not just 'cause I miss our happy hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home