Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Thoughts

Today's thought while smoking my morning ciggy was I want to start a band called The Tits. Our first album could be called It's The Tits and our first single would be "Curl Up & Die" - so whose in? Anyone play really shitty guitar and limpy drums - you're in!

Meanwhile a new Swivek release is being wrapped up as we speak but for the first time in my long long "career" I can not for the life of me come up with a title. None of the songs seem to fit as a title track and I've tried to narrow it down to a line from a song but nothing seems to fit.

I've whittled down the 20 some songs I started to 11 or 12 (I'm still debating over one) and what started as a straight up covers album has changed since I'm going to be using 5 original tracks as well as some covers. Most of the songs seem to be about love gone bad (figure?!) with a few dashes of politics in it - you know a typical Swivek record.

I started with the intention of calling it From The Edge, but I don't know if I like it. Then I came up with Little Pieces and a whole bunch more. So here's the list I have so far - let me know if any one of them grab you by the whatever piece of anatomy gets you going...

1. From the Edge
2. The Lonely
3. Little Pieces
4. Love's Wounds Unseen (it's a line from a song)
5. When Our Hearts Were Young (andother line from a song plus my fav so far)
6. Broken

I know none of them are as good as It's The Tits, but you go with what you got you know. By the way I have the cover all figured out - as I'm going to one Monday night journey with Luther to downtown LA and Mustache Mondays so he can take oodles of pics of me downtown and grungy. I know I'm ever so creative.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for either #3 or #5.

I also vote for you to come to Portland & visit. Pretty please?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home