Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rum A Yum Yum

My big plan to have Lisa Hartman week has gone awry so it won't be until next week or maybe even the week after (I know I have a ton (2) of disappointed readers)... and in fact my whole big idea to blog more and more fell to the shit side yesterday when I didn't even blog... but today I am writing you all to let you know I'm still here..

Unfortunetly I'm just barely here as I caught myself a little bug - a bug made of rum and coke. I have been diligently working on 2 frickin' songs that are driving me insane. One of the songs could be so good if I could just figure out what is wrong with it as it is. I re-record and re-arrange and it's still just slightly off...

Which is why as I record and mix and arrange I find myself headed to our bar all every fifth beat. This is also the reason when we recently had guests over there wasn't much to offer in the way of libations as almost (all) the bottles were on the verge of empty.

So this weekend I restocked - I headed to BevMo to replace two bottles of The Leivas' Vodka, buy myself some Strongbow Cider and of course my beloved Captain Morgan. Only they didn't have the big ass wino jugs I like but I found something remotely disturbing yet kind of alluring:

The BevMo version of Captain Morgan, for half the price! So I bought it. Now I can't decide if it's as good as Captain - it's a little sweeter and it gave me a headache on both Sunday morning and this morning - but then again if I had drank half a bottle of Captain Morgan as I did with Miss Admiral Nelson here, then I may have the same headache...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 2:01:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A liquor store salesman convinced me to buy Sailor Jerry's instead of Captain Morgan last year, and I haven't looked back. Although I haven't tried the Admiral yet. Of course, my love for the Captain will always be strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home